- Conceptueel denken
- Omgang met Details
As a Finance Data Engineer you develop and maintain our Finance and Risk Performance Reporting Platform. In this role you make sure Finance and Risk information processes run end-2-end, stable and fast.
As a finance data engineer you’re a member of the Group Performance Analytics (GPA) team within the Finance, Reporting and Control department. The first objective of FRC is to keep Van Lanschot Kempen licenced to operate, by developing and maintaining the Finance reporting systems. You will be working with the latest technologies and tools to build your data products. The setting of the team is informal, and is using the Scrum/Agile methodology. The team is in constant collaboration with business users, data providers, platform teams and many other teams to improve the delivery of their products.
- Making the translation from individual client and financial data to actionable steering information, helping the Board and management teams of Van Lanschot Kempen making the right decisions;
- You like to be at the forefront of new developments, you speak the language of the internal customer, and you dare to present and defend alternatives based on your knowledge, when necessary;
- You like the fact that the data world is constantly changing, and you keep a close eye on new developments.
As our new colleague you are a self-starter and you dare to try. You know that it is impossible to know all the ins and outs, but trying new components and features is second nature to you. You are curious and Google is your best friend. Next to this, you have a “make it happen” mentality, which means you commit to have the necessary financial data available in time, you have an analytical mindset, are solution oriented, and are a real team player.
Next to this, you:
- have a master degree, with minimum 3 to 5 years / mid-career) working experience in data modelling and reporting, designing dashboard and telling stories with data;
- have proven affinity with finance and risk in the banking sector (FRM or comparable training is an advantage);
- have an excellent understanding of the Microsoft PowerPlatform, with a focus on PowerBI desktop, PowerBI service and PowerApps;
- are familiar with data architecture concepts and principles;
have experience working in an Agile environment and are familiar with Devops;
- have been using various data modelling techniques, and know the difference between Relational and Dimensional data modelling;
- are familiar with cloud technology, mainly the Microsoft Azure environment;
- are an expert in using T-SQL and have also mastered most of the following techniques: Python, Scala, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks;
- are fluent in English (Dutch is an advantage, no requirement).
Van Lanschot Kempen is specialized in the future. Since 1737. Today, about 300 years later, our story - about the oldest independent financial institute in the Netherlands - continues. We are proud of our history and are excited for the future with labels such as Kempen (Merchant Bank & Asset Manager), Van Lanschot (Private Banking) and Evi (online investing). We do this with about 1,700 colleagues, divided over the 3 labels and the holding company. We have been working with great dedication and financial craftsmanship on our customers' progress for almost 3 centuries.
To work in a sustainable and future-oriented way, inclusion and diversity are essential. A highly inclusive and diverse workforce helps to drive business performance and innovation, workforce agility and resilience, as well as positive social and environmental impact. It is our ambition for the inflow of each department to be more diverse than the outflow. For example, if an employee leaves or more headcount becomes available, we aim to increase diversity by hiring someone who brings something new to the team. Whether that’s gender, age, nationality, background or anything else.
In addition, our purpose is to create sustainable value for all our stakeholders in a way that contributes to sustainable solutions to the most pressing global challenges. We believe that preserving and growing wealth in a sustainable way is a peoples job.
Turning talent into value. That’s what we do. The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow, both as individuals and in their professional fields. We offer you:
- A salary that matches your knowledge and experience;
- A flexible budget (consisting of holiday pay, a 13th month and 7 leave days in excess of the statutory entitlement) that you can use to tailor your working conditions to your wishes. This could include extra leave, discovering the world with a sabbatical, a gym membership or a new bike: it's all possible;
- The possibility to take a longer period like a sabbatical, or to spend a longer period at home with your children or, for example, to take care of a family member if necessary;
- We finance part of the childcare for working mothers;
- Do you want to exchange Good Friday, Easter Monday, Ascension Day and Whit Monday for another religious holiday? That is also possible!
- A training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
Are you ready to join us and make the difference? Do you want to acquire skills and experience at our leading firm? And are you committed to growing alongside us and our clients? If you can answer a resounding yes to all three questions, we’d love to meet you.
Do you have questions or do you want to have more information? Please contact Sophie Koopman via firstname.lastname@example.org.