- Analytisch denken
You will be responsible for the data landscape of the Quantitative Modeling team. We are a small team (6 including you) responsible for credit risk models within our bank. To build these models we are heavy users of data and we want to bring our maintenance of this data to a next level of professionality. There is a central data warehouse from which we source our data. On this data (after our own transformations) we build models, monitoring systems, do impact analysis of changes, etc.. Next to your responsibility over the data landscape of QM (architecture and maintenance) you will assist us in becoming a more DevOps oriented team. As modelers we do not produce production code, however we do maintain our own monitoring environment and aim to also have our model code production ready.
Our team is an important part of this bank, and our tasks are bank specific. It is, however, not necessary for you to have experience with banks (or the financial sector). We look forward to explaining the intricacies of credit risk and modelling to you. This is a learning experience which we offer. In return you will offer us experience in data architecture, data management and DevOps best practices.
We expect you to writing production level code to build a data pipeline, and administrating the database and all in and outgoing data streams. Our system is batch driven (not streaming).
You are or have:
- A degree in a data or general ICT oriented study;
- 3 or more years of experience in data engineering and or development in a DevOps team;
- Strong programming skills and coding discipline (we program in R and SQL);
- Fluent in English (the Team is international);
- An independent worker and thinker;
- A good team player.
Van Lanschot Kempen is a specialist, independent wealth manager, which focuses on maintaining and growing the wealth of our clients. Our strength lies in the special and strong relationship that our established names, Van Lanschot and Kempen, have with our institutional and private clients. Private Banking, Asset Management and Merchant Banking are the areas in which we excel, and in which we stand out thanks to our personal attention, knowledge and experience. Van Lanschot Kempen is a publicly listed company.
We delight in exceeding the expectations of our (internal) clients. That’s something we need you for, because our employees are our most important asset. So expect to have endless opportunities to grow both as individuals and in your professional field. At Van Lanschot Kempen, you can also count on
- a salary that matches your knowledge, experience and background;
- a 13th month;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 5% performance bonus on your gross monthly salary (% depending on your performance);
- a season ticket for 2nd class public transport;
- a pension contribution of 4% of your pension basis;
- participation in Van Lanschot Kempen’s profit-sharing scheme;
- 216 hours off per year on a full-time basis;
- a training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities;
- participation in the vitality programme;
- a smartphone and a laptop;
- fitness plan;
- 9% discount on collective healthcare plan;
- 1 day a year that you can spend on social work during working hours.
Will our story become your story? Do you want to build on the future with us? And are you committed to growing together? If you can answer a resounding yes to all three questions, we’d love to meet you. Apply for this Data Engineer.
If you’d like some more information first, Tanja Schraders will answer all your questions by e-mail email@example.com.