- Omgang met Details
The Portfolio Risk Management (PRM) team is part of the broader VLK Group Risk Management department and is responsible for the implementation of second line financial risk management for the Kempen in-house funds and the portfolios of our institutional clients. The team’s core responsibilities include the independent monitoring of the risks in the client’s investment portfolios with regard to the arrangements with the client and legislative and regulatory requirements. In addition, we are responsible for clarifying the main financial risks involved in the client portfolios and challenging the Portfolio Managers in respect of the investment choices made and the resulting exposure to the financial risks. In so doing, we contribute significantly to the continued trust from our clients that their assets are in good hands at Kempen.
What will your work with us involve?
KCM offers you the opportunity to develop within the organisation into a risk management professional and to expand your own personal skills. As a Risk Manager, you are part of a team of nine highly trained professionals.
In this role, you commit to a sustainable connection with the professionals in the investment teams. You communicate clearly and offer your opinion proactively. The challenge you face is working with them to provide the best possible service to KCM’s various clients. You will learn to strike the right balance between constructive collaboration and asserting your authority. You exude self-confidence and stand firm in your observation or analysis. Through coaching and education, you grow within the KCM organisation to become an authority in the field of risk management.
Your duties will be as follows:
- Taking a proactive approach to your role as a risk manager at KCM;
- The emphasis is on monitoring the arrangements in the law and regulations, agreements with clients or KCM’s internal policy, and keeping a close eye on the risks involved in the client portfolio and investments;
- Supporting risk management processes such as the evaluation of investment proposals and contracts, monitoring the risks involved in contracts and generating risk reports;
- Supporting the senior risk managers in the preparation of financial risk analyses of Kempen’s house funds and international client portfolios;
- Getting involved in and/or giving advice within various internal projects aimed at achieving business goals;
- You will be given the opportunity to focus on all the risk categories that KCM manages.
Ambition and drive are key to succeed at Kempen. In this role you are constantly in contact with experienced investment professionals. You thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment. You are an intelligent, self-assured professional with a well-developed analytical ability who knows how to distinguish between main and side issues. Your personal development is an ongoing process and you are receptive to constructive feedback. You like being part of a team and are able to put the interests of Kempen and its customers first. You have a strong personality, a sharp mind and an eye for detail. You are a colleague with attitude and are able to convey sharp analyses and advice and can offer a challenge to critical stakeholders as an equal. You have some experience in financial markets and financial instruments or a demonstrable interest in further exploring and developing in these areas.
The requirements for this role include:
- A hands-on attitude, a team player spirit;
- A completed hbo or academic education, preferably in the fields of formal sciences or exact or economics;
- A willingness to invest further in education, CFR/FRM/VBA for example;
- An interest in financial markets, asset management and financial risk management;
- Strong communication skills;
- Affinity with risk systems, internal control, investment compliance and restriction monitoring;
- The ability to switch between operational implementation and innovative solutions.
Kempen is an international investment bank, headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We are part of Van Lanschot Kempen and employ around 450 people in our offices in Amsterdam, New York, London, Antwerp and Paris. We are specialised in Corporate Finance, Securities and Asset Management. Kempen represents professionalism, entrepreneurship and drive.
To work in a sustainable and future-oriented way, inclusion and diversity are essential. A highly inclusive and diverse workforce helps to drive business performance and innovation, workforce agility and resilience, as well as positive social and environmental impact. It is our ambition for the inflow of each department to be more diverse than the outflow. For example, if an employee leaves or more headcount becomes available, we aim to increase diversity by hiring someone who brings something new to the team. Whether that’s gender, age, nationality, background or anything else.
In addition, our purpose is to create sustainable value for all our stakeholders in a way that contributes to sustainable solutions to the most pressing global challenges. We believe that preserving and growing wealth in a sustainable way is a peoples job.
Turning talent into value. That's what we do! The fact is, if you add value, you can obviously expect the same from us in return. Our employees are our most important asset, so they have countless opportunities to grow both as individuals and in their professional fields. To reflect this, we offer attractive terms of employment with a focus on the future, personal and professional development, and plenty of flexibility:
- A salary that matches your knowledge, experience and background;
- With a flexible budget (consisting of vacation pay, 13th month and 7 non-statutory vacation days) you can partly put together your secondary employment conditions with us. Think of extra leave, discover the world with a sabbatical, a subscription at the gym or a new bicycle; it's all possible;
- The possibility to take a longer period like a sabbatical, or to spend a longer period at home with your children or, for example, to take care of a family member if necessary;
- We finance part of the childcare for working mothers;
- Do you want to exchange Good Friday, Easter Monday, Ascension Day and Whit Monday for another religious holiday? That is also possible!
- A training costs scheme for personal and professional training opportunities.
Enthusiastic? Apply now using the “Apply now” button. Do you have any questions or would you like more information? Please contact Sophie Koopman via email@example.com.
Please note: we ask you to submit your cv and motivation letter in English.