The VLK Legal department supports the Private Banking (including Evi van Lanschot), Asset Management, and Merchant Banking business lines, and group activities. A total of fifteen lawyers work in this department. They visibly contribute to the further development of Van Lanschot Kempen thanks to their proactive working methods and close involvement with the business.
We are looking for a colleague to provide legal support to all business lines in the area of OTC derivatives, structured products, securities trading and related areas of financial law. Your duties will include:
- Negotiating trading agreements (ISDA, GMRA, GRSLA, etc.)
- Advising the trading desks in the dealing room
- Advising the structured products desk
- Advising on all kinds of issues in the field of financial law (including EMIR, SFTR, MiFID II)
- Identifying and anticipating relevant developments concerning legislation and regulations, and supporting the business lines in the implementation.
- You have at least 6 years relevant work experience as a lawyer or counsel at a financial institution, and substantial experience with legal advice in the field of OTC derivatives, structured products, securities trading and related areas of financial law
- You have in-depth knowledge of financial supervision law
- You are practical, solution-orientated and commercially-orientated, and you can translate legal content into pragmatic solutions
- You enjoy working on a variety of subject matters and acting as sparring partner to the business
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written
Van Lanschot Kempen is a specialist independent wealth manager that focuses on maintaining and building assets for its clients. Our strength lies in the special, strong relationship that our established names Van Lanschot and Kempen have with institutional and private clients. We excel in private banking, asset management and merchant banking, and we distinguish ourselves in these areas with our personal attention, knowledge and experience. Van Lanschot Kempen is a listed company.
As soon as you start working with us, we will challenge you to make a real difference. Obviously, you can expect an attractive job package with excellent conditions, a good salary and a professional working environment, centred around personal and professional training opportunities. We also offer you a collective pension scheme, travel allowance, or annual public transport pass.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application through our website. If you have any additional questions, please contact Tanja Schraders at email@example.com.